Marketing & Development Division
"Bringing the Agriculture of West Virginia to the World"
O'Dell, Assistant Director
Woodrum, Assistant Director
J. Tolley, Executive Assistant
Birdie Wood, Staff Assistant
The Marketing & Development Division is a multi-disciplinary
division within the Department of Agriculture which is responsible
for the promotion of West Virginia agricultural products and commodities,
economic development and the operation of state owned farms.
Food Distribution Program
Fruit & Vegetable Inspection
New Business Development
West Virginia Grown Program
Staff Directory (contact us)
Melissa Beller, Marketing Specialist
Tracy Fitzsimmons, Livestock Marketing Specialist
Debra Gard, Marketing Specialist - Special Promotions
Teresa Halloran, Marketing Specialist-Foods
Cynthia Martel, Marketing Specialist
Wade Stiltner, Apiary Inspector
Enforce the provisions of The West Virginia Apiary Law as follows:
- Conduct the annual registration of all in-state beekeepers.
- Survey and inspect apiaries for diseases and parasites.
- Recommend treatment of diseased or infested colonies.
- Enforce all state apiary quarantines.
- Provide sterilization service for diseased colonies.
- Provide information and education on all aspects of honeybees
to beekeepers and the general public.
- Promote the beekeeping industry in West Virginia.
Apiary Registration Form
Form (Word format)
Form (pdf format)