Jewell Plumley, DVM, Director/State Veterinarian/
The mission of the Animal Health Program is to enforce certain Agriculture laws and the regulations legally promulgated in carrying out the mandates of the laws. The charge is to prevent, suppress, and control any communicable diseases of animals or poultry.
- Interstate and Intrastate Regulations for livestock, poultry and other domesticated animals
- Diseases of animals and man, i.e., rabies, brucellosis, tuberculosis...
- Livestock and poultry blood and serum test results
- Culture work
- Honor Flock inspections for sheep
- Questions concerning the health of the livestock industry
- National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP)