Jewell Plumley, DVM, Director/State Veterinarian/
SWINE HEALTH GUIDE
ATTENTION SWINE PRODUCERS
Effective immediately, all swine entering WV need to have the following statement on the ICVI or Health Certificate:
" To the best of my knowledge, swine represented on this certificate have not originated from a premises known to be affected by Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus (PEDv), and have not been exposed to PEDv within the last 30 days."
The statement is to be on the HC and signed by the owner as well as the veterinarian
Pigs coming from a PEDv affected herd can come to WV with a PCR negative test for PEDv on the imported pig with the results listed and attached to the ICVI.
The mission of the Animal Health Program is to enforce certain Agriculture laws and the regulations legally promulgated in carrying out the mandates of the laws. The charge is to prevent, suppress, and control any communicable diseases of animals or poultry.
- Interstate and Intrastate Regulations for livestock, poultry and other domesticated animals
- Diseases of animals and man, i.e., rabies, brucellosis, tuberculosis...
- Livestock and poultry blood and serum test results
- Culture work
- Honor Flock inspections for sheep
- Questions concerning the health of the livestock industry
- National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP)